Friday, August 5, 2011

Vacation Nail Art!

Woohoo! I finished up work today and very shortly I'll be flying to LA to begin my USA holiday! Weeeeee. And to celebrate, I did some vacation nail art:


They are palm trees with a hammock. My idea of a perfect vacation. My holiday however is not so relaxing - I have a lot of things planned and I can't wait @_@


The colours I used for this look are shown above. Left to right we have Sally Hansen Green With Envy, OPI Alpine Snow, Essie Mink Muffs, Sephora By OPI Leotard Optional, Essie Topless & Barefoot, Essie Borrowed & Blue and finally Essie Pretty Edgy.


Now I was frantically packing lastnight so I didn't do the normal 'progress shots' but I took one pre palm tree leaves and hammock. The base of the nail is Essie's Borrowed & Blue with Topless & Barefoot as the beach sand. I used Leotard Optional as the palm tree trunk and while I decorated the thumb nail tree trunks, I didn't quite like it so I left it off the other nails (which was Essie Mink Muffs). Sally Hansen Green With Envy was the base of the palm tree leaves.


Close up of the thumb design. OPI Alpine Snow was used to draw the hammocks. Then pretty edgy to do the leaves on the palm trees. And that is it!

Well that is all I have for now, I am going to go finish packing and making my Sephora/Ulta/Target/Bath&Body Works/everything lists :-D I have a few posts waiting to be published so if I manage a net connection (and I should do as I am addicted to the internet) I shall post while I'm on holidays! And maybe some holiday posts if you don't mind that sort of thing. I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and I'll see you again soon! :-D

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the amount of detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!!! I love it!!!
    have fun on your vacation to LA!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vintage makeup thank you lovely! It was a bit of a rush but it still turned out ok!

    @paint that nail Thank you I will! I will be keeping an eye on your blog though ;-) It is one of my favourite nail art blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Have fun in L.A., it's a fun city :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your vacay! I'm looking forward to mine in 7 or so weeks but we're just heading up north to thaw out! Love the detail of the palm fronds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you nail blog inspired me to do mini picture tutorial too! I think this is such a great and easy way to show people how to achieve your look! I lovee it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for posting like this. I enjoyed much more here. So please keep update like this.

    Looking for Nail Art And Nail Extension Course to Study in abroad? Join Majestic Beauty Academy best nail school in japan which provides Japanese Nail Art Training, Nail Art Course Sri Lankafor becoming a nail technician.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...