Sunday, June 26, 2011

Simple Golf Nail Art How To feat. Illamasqua Smash!

I quite like Illamasqua Smash and while I was staring at my green polishes last night, all I could think of was golf. I don't know why, it just happened. It's funny because I hate golf. Inspiration is funny that way.


So there we have it. I hope it looks like a golf green. I tried to do various shapes but with small nails it doesn't always work out how you envision it. Pretty basic design featuring a few Illamasqua polishes!


Left to right we have China Glaze Snow, Essie Mink Muffs, Illamasqua Boosh, Throb and Smash, and finally Sally Hansen Green With Envy. Now I can't imagine WHY you'd want golf on your nails but maybe as a father's day theme? Anyway this is how I went about it:


After doing the thumb I moved onto the rest of my nails. I tried drawing different shapes with Sally Hansen's Green With Envy using a small nail art brush.


I then took Essie's Mink Muffs and with the same small nail art brush carefully drew a line straight down onto the green. I then used a dotting tool to dot the top of the flagpole with the Essie polish, then tried to create the illusion of a hole with Illamasqua's Boosh dotted at the bottom.


Then using Illamasqua's Throb I drew triangle flags on the flagpole. I chose this colour as a nice contrast to the green and because of its opacity. I also took Mink Muffs again and drew further into the black to make it look like the flagpole went all the way down.


Finally dotted with China Glaze snow for the golf balls! Now I initially attempted detail on the golf balls but it didn't turn out quite right and I had to go over it :-(


Well there you have it. Golf on the nails. Hopefully something you don't see everyday ;-) I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I saw Bridesmaids yesterday which wasn't too bad! Still a 'chick flick' but funny. Well it's time to warm up because Canberra is freezing! Until next time...

11 comments:

  1. You always come up with the coolest designs! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute!! love the inspiration =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Father-in-law should see this. He's a mad golfer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so cute even tho I dont like golf either but I think it is so cute and creative! I have never seen something like these before!(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vintage Aww thank you, that means a lot!

    @Silence Haha thanks, some days I'll take whatever inspiration I can get :P

    @Vita My brother is a big golf fan too. I should send this to him actually...

    @Paint that nail Heh, I don't like golf but I figured if I can make it look cute then we shall see ;-)

    @Veronica Oh thanks lovely, I shall check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I might just be blind, but I couldn't find your contact info - I just wanted to let you know that I tried out your design and linked to you on my blog! You can check it out here:
    http://timeonmynails.blogspot.ca/2012/04/golf-symbol-of-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I don't have any contact info up yet! I will need to rectify that :-) I love your version!

      Delete
  7. Marvellous, May I quote this article in my Golf's Blog ? Let Me Know
    Alessandro from Bologna Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes you may. Thank you for asking :-)

      Delete
    2. Ok this is the url :)
      bye bye
      http://duepallelamigliore.com/2012/09/11/golf-nail-art/

      Delete
    3. Hello! I like it, thank you! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...