Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Lipstick Tag!

Hello everyone! I was tagged by Vita at Making Up 4 My Age to do the Lipstick tag :-) I know I started off this blog with a very heavy makeup obsession so I was excited to get back into it for a bit. But I love my nail polish so I thought I'd begin with a little lippie nail art ;-)


A quickie nail art design using OPI Totally Fort Worth It as the base colour, Illamasqua Boosh and Throb for the lippie (and on the thumb I did an outline with OPI Curry up don't be late but didn't like it :-)

Onto the tag! This tag is a few quick questions about our experience with lipstick. Fun!

1. When you were a child, did you use your mother's lipsticks? Yes, but not on myself I don't think! I may have drawn on my mum while she was sleeping... O_O

2. How old were you when you bought your first lipstick? Honestly can't remember exactly but I believe I was in high school and it was a horribly dark brownish currant colour and I dearly regret it :-| Oh the 90s. Oh wait my first lipstick mum bought me but it was fluoro (yes fluoro) pink and it was so freaking awesome. I wish I still had it. I was probably about 9.

3. Pink or red lipstick? Pink. But not cool pink, that looks horrid on me. Warm pink.

4. The most expensive lipstick you have ever bought? A Chanel rouge coco lippie which I ended up giving to my mother!

5. And the cheapest? Hmm I think an Australis lippie. They probably don't make the colour or kind anymore, it was a long time ago...

6. What's the most bizarre thing you have ever done with a lipstick? When I was a little girl I was obsessed with the movie The Labyrinth (it's my favourite movie and soundtrack to date actually) and there's this part where the main character Sarah is walking through a maze. She gets lost and ends up drawing arrows on the stone tiled floor with red lipstick to mark which way she had gone. When I was little I used to play in my backyard pretending I was in that maze and mark random stones in the yard with lipstick :-P

7. If you had to recommend a lipstick, which brand would you recommend and why? I haven't had a lot of brand experience but I love my NARS lippie (I have Cruising). It's moisturizing and just such a great formula in general. The smell is odd to me though. It's familiar but I can't seem to figure out what it is yet or what it reminds me of...

Well that is it, I hope you enjoyed this tag and I would love it if anyone else did this tag or wanted to comment on their own experiences :-) Have a lovely week everyone and bring on the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love the thumb! It looks 3D so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a star! I love the idea of the lipstick mani. Thanks for doing the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks Ebz!

    No worries Vita - was good fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! Youre very talented. & youre from canberra too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Not from Canberra, moved here from QLD about 6 years ago :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...