Friday, October 29, 2010

Orly Holiday 2010 swatches!

I'm excited to be collecting the holiday 2010 polishes this year - I just love the holiday season. I would very much like to skip the next one and half months and jump straight to Christmas. It's always a happy time for me, being home in Queensland with the family and my kitties :-) But let's pretend Christmas is almost here and be swatch happy! Out of the six Orly Holiday polishes, I picked up the four that spoke to me the most:


Yes I left the red. Honestly didn't look too closely and thought Rockin' Rocket (shown on the far right) was kind of red but it isn't... heh. I was quite sick today so I only managed flash swatches and I wanted to get these out before I went away for the weekend. I'll start with Winter Wonderland as I have a daylight swatch of that one:


Three coats of Winter Wonderland and all other swatches below. I was quite reluctant to get this as I thought it would be like OPI Happy Anniversary but it isn't even similar. The glitter in the Orly is quite chunky (as you can see it hanging off the edges) and it's more yellow toned than Happy Anniversary. So yay for not buying a dupe :-D Purchase justified!


Next we have Glitz & Glamour - another golden shimmer with similar chunky glitter and quite thick in formula:


Here we have Meet Me Under The Mistletoe:


I would describe this polish as a deep sea green and it's not as chunky with the glitter and also the sheerest of the lot. I probably should have worn 4 coats rather than 3 - it was still looking a little sheer.


Here we have the star of the collection (ok sure I haven't seen the other two but let's just say star of *this* lot) and that is Rockin' Rocket. It's like a deep burgundy with burnt orange twisted through it and the photo doesn't do it justice. It's just gorgeous. The formula was the best of the four and wonderful to apply. If you had to pick one of these four I would choose them in this order: Rockin Rocket, Winter Wonderland, Meet Me Under The Mistletoe then Glitz & Glamour (simply for it's dupe-ability).

Currently listening to: Taylor Swift - Haunted. This album is a win. And that's coming from someone who dislikes anything with a country feel! :-P

Have a wonderful weekend and I shall swatch for you later!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...