Sunday, July 11, 2010

OPI Flower To Flower and happy birthday to me!

It was my birthday yesterday so I decided to do some pink party nails. I discovered the OPI Summer Flutter collection in the USA while I was on vacation and picked up all four (and how can you resist when they're under 10USD, I still can't believe we pay 20 dollars here in Australia). I decided to wear Flower to Flower:



Absolutely gorgeous colour and with two coats, looks beautiful:



After wearing various other nail polish brands then apply OPI, you remember why you pay so much money. The formula is so nice to apply and you don't have to fight with it. Here's the non flash version:



That was taken on the morning of my birthday when there was *some* light. And if you're curious, the background does show my lovely birthday present from the bf - a gorgeous Tiffany heart pendant key:



I had already bought something for myself but the boyfriend saw my face when I spied this key. I have the heart pendant necklace so this will be a beautiful addition to my (small!) collection.

I spent the day with the bf because my family live in Queensland. We went shopping, had coffee and finally saw Eclipse in the Premium Dendy cinema. I love having food brought in during the movie! Awesome. I was a bit naughty with my shopping however:



Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. The lady was trying to convince me of their limited edition version (whether it really is or not I don't know) that was lighter, more summery but I didn't like it. Then I tried this one and I knew it was the one :-D So heavy though! I love the bottle and the perfume is actually pink. Gorgeous.



And these are just things that have been on my list for ages but haven't gotten around to purchasing. I do have Essie Mink Muffs and comparing the bottles they do look similar. I am eager to do comparative swatches with Chanel's Particuliere because they do look so similar bottle to bottle. But you never know until you get them on the nail ;-) And damn you tube for continuously raving about the Diorskin shimmer powder in Amber Diamond, do you know how expensive it is in Australia? I'm not even going to say. I should have picked it up when I saw it in Sephora for $44. No wait it was sold out. But I could have gotten it in Nordstrom ffs. Oh well :-P And when you buy Dior, YSL doesn't hurt as much. Oh what a justification.

Well I hope everyone is having a good winter. Mine is horribly cold I - am so looking forward to Spring, Floriade and quite frankly, the sun! Time to tuck into some York Pieces. Damn I can't *wait* for my next USA vacation :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...